A primary component in battling mold after a house floods is disinfectant. Disinfectant is sprayed on most surfaces after the bulk of water has been extracted. The most common disinfectant used is microban.
Although disinfectant is not toxic to humans and rarely affects pets, most water damage professionals recommend keeping cats and small animals away for 24 hours. Disinfectant is typically the only chemical used in water damage work.
Any professional water damage restoration company should be able to provide an MSDS sheet on all chemicals they carry on their trucks.